Inside TDV - The Data Vault Blog
Business Continuity & Data Recovery Plan
The ticking clock analogy is a prevalent one in our society. It has been used to describe everything from biological processes to the delay and red tape of legal processes. When it comes to business continuity, the tick-tock of the clock perfectly illustrates the critical nature of being able to restore your data in the event of a catastrophe—when every second counts.
And it doesn’t have to be a once-in-a-lifetime natural disaster that prevents access to your critical backup data. Everyday events such as power outages, hardware and software failures, and even human error can have the same devastating consequences. In fact, 74% of IT administrators recover data at least once every six months.*
Here are some steps you can take to ensure business continuity and save valuable data recovery time:
- Determine your data loss tolerance
- Define your recovery time objectives (RTO)
- Identify the data most critical to your business
- Account for data located in multiple locations across your enterprise
- Assess your regulatory compliance requirements
- Select a reliable and trusted backup solution that doesn’t require additional hardware and software and human resource investments
Without having the right data protection processes in place, data loss costs you time and money. TDV Cloud helps Louisville businesses strengthen their business continuity plans. To find out more call (502) 244-1152 or fill out our contact form here.
*Opinion Matters (2013)